Quote Originally Posted by garrincha
Apparently, you're supposed to delete only the Non-DOS partitions?
No, Fdisk can delete any partition, DOS or non-DOS. Actually, some old versions of Fdisk refused to delete the non-DOS partitions (over agressive safety on Microsoft's part as far as I'm concerned), but the version that you have seems to have grown out of that. Of course, deleting DOS partitions means that you could delete your data or even the entire OS if you don't know what you are doing, so do it when you have a very good idea of what you are doing and be careful.

It sounds like you now have an extended partition but there are no logical drives defined it it. Great, as you can only delete an extended partition when using Fdisk if it is completely empty (another safety issue, there is no real reason why a prorgam couldn't detelt an extended partition no matter what was in it). So you should be able to use Fdisk to delete the extended partition just fine. I'm assuming that windows sees only a C drive and no other hard disk partition is available to it (unlike before when D could be seen but was not formatted). Just be sure that you delete the extended partition and not the primary partition.

As to undoing a dual boot install, I think it covers what I already said. You remove the Linux partitions (or just leave them there and ignore them if you want). You get the program that starts the multi-booting out of the Master Boot Record (I told you how to do this with Fdisk). The Windows partition should be marked active, but I believe that it will still be marked active and this is not changed by the Linux install, but if you somehow find that you need to mark it active again you can do this with Fdisk also.