-
Administrator
Site Admin-
As to the partitions, Fdisk will only create a single primary FAT partition, it insists on creating any additional partitions as Logigical drives inside an extended partition. So just how you got this second primary partition is not clear, and I don't know if it can be safely deleted by Fdisk (since you can't seem to select it without getting C). I would use a different partitioning tool. I like Ranish Partition Manager, built into XOSL but also available as an independent download that should run fine under DOS. There are likely many other free partitioning tools that will let you delete this as well, including some built into Knoppix. The thing is that I don't have a high comfort level with the partitioning tools in Knoppix. You might want to look at cfdisk but I don't know it well. qtparted is another partituion tool but I see lots of reports of beginners destroying their entire disk with it, so I would caution anyone who is asking partitioning questions from using it.
Any insight on how that second unformatted partition got there? You might be able to delete it as a non-DOS partition, but I sure would not try the "delete Primary partition" option.
The proper procedure for installing DSL is to read the DSL install instructions very carefully and be very sure that you understand everything before installing. I have not installed DSL and I don't offer any support for installing any live CD. If you want help installing Debian I'll try to help and many others here know plenty more than I about installing it.
Similar Threads
-
By eric.stone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2006, 07:08 PM
-
By nmitchell in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-11-2005, 10:09 PM
-
By nmitchell in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-10-2005, 11:28 PM
-
By Kaldrenon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 12:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00

Vintage Intel 8085 CPU Processor Board Ceramic Gold IC Industrial Military Rare
$199.95

Vintage 1988 LASER Compumate 2 - Your Take Along Office
$49.99

Toshiba TDP-S26 DLP Projector Vintage 2005 For Parts Does Not Power On
$24.99

vintage pentium 3 pc turns on no display no post
$150.00

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED
$58.85