-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks for the info Harry.
I suspected that the 'D' partition was created from the original 'C' drive using the DOS *Fips* partition, since the Win98 data in the 'C' partition is unaffected. When I looked in My Computer in Win98, drive C and drive D are shown, however, drive D is not accessable. When I look under the property box, D is shown as FAT partition (C is FAT32 part).
I have seen Ranish Partition Manager online but it seems to be rather slightly out of date and the info on the webpage is incomplete. I have also seen info on cfdisk and qtparted - just more confusion! 
I am actually thinking of doing a 'frugal install' (or 'poorman install' as you mentioned) for DSL. There is instruction for it called 'How to install DSL on the Hard Drive via DSL Frugal Installation (in pdf): http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/...rugalHowto.pdf
In fact, before the 'frugal install' of DSL, cfdisk had to be performed - and I don't see how it is applicable in my situation. There is actually in liveCD DSL's GUI menu option of frugal install using either grub or lilo.
I really want to be clear about doing a dual-boot install and if it is possible at all to get for example bootable from either Win98 or Linux using DSL 'frugal install'???
But by all mean, please I would like to read about Debian install if you think that it is a better option - I'm just keeping my option open.
Similar Threads
-
By eric.stone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2006, 07:08 PM
-
By nmitchell in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-11-2005, 10:09 PM
-
By nmitchell in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-10-2005, 11:28 PM
-
By Kaldrenon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 12:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1220v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$477.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1240v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$484.00

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1240v5 8GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$453.00

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1240v5 32GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$545.99

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99