-
Junior Member
registered user
Harry thanks for the info. I spend some time reading the online manuals and FAQ. I decided to try the Debian install as you mentioned in your earlier post - I will leave DSL install for later, it should suit my other smaller, older machine in the storeroom.
I managed to restore the HD to the original format, i.e. it now has just one C (FAT32) partition with a total of 4G and Win98 running on it.
I have a debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso CD#1 burned on a CD, I wish to have it install on my HD and a multi-boot (Win98 and Linux-Debian). Do I have to create partitions in DOS using for eg XOSL before booting from the debian-testing iso CD and install Debian? Did I miss a step? I would rather stick with partitioning and creating multi-boot with XOSL and installing Debian for now.
By the way, I just want to install to HD simply because it will work slightly faster and the CD-ROM drive in the Pentium machine is quite noisy!
Similar Threads
-
By eric.stone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2006, 07:08 PM
-
By nmitchell in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-11-2005, 10:09 PM
-
By nmitchell in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-10-2005, 11:28 PM
-
By Kaldrenon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 12:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Sandisk 1TB Portable SSD, read speeds up to 1000MB/s. {100% New}
$100.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00