-
I need help with vim
Just how does this thing work!?
I start it up with 'vim file'
Then it would typically give me the
Code:
Found a swap file by the name ".file.swp"
Then it would force me to scroll and read the senseless stuff.
blah, blah, blah
blah, blah, blah
blah, blah, blah
And at the end it says file crashed! WTF!?
Anyways, I choose (R)ecover.
More reading and have-to-scroll'ing.
blah, blah, blah
blah, blah, blah
blah, blah, blah
Then I would get looked in a circle of choices. Then finally, the editor opens. I type in some stuff. And try to quit by hitting ctrl+z, but I get the '^Z' entered instead! WTF!? Sometimes ctrl+z means quit, and sometimes it enteres '^Z'!
Sometimes when it does quit, it does not ask me if I want to save or not! It just quits! There is no save control mentioned in the manual.
Just how do I work this thing?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Silicon Power 1TB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC SATA III 2.5" SSD Laptop XBOX PS3 PC
$119.99

Dell Precision 7560 i7-11850H 2.5GHz 32GB 1TB NVMe 15.6" T1200 No OS: Fair
$459.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Micro Center 2-in-1 SSD Flash Drive 1TB USB-A/USB-C USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps
$240.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99