angor,

Sorry...

I have to admit, vi is powerful, a lot better than edlin could ever have been, etc... but it doesnt compete with GUI based editors, though.

VI's biggest strengths, is, it doesnt run in a GUI, which, comes in really handy when you have to work on editing files, while you are "stuck" in a text boot. It IS a good editor, and when you need something to edit, and CANT use a "nicer" editor ( nicer? yuck, bad English! ), it comes in very handy. I honestly think everyone should be "familiar", at least, with vi, and, at least be able to edit, change, and save files, using vi. It cant hurt. As a wise person once said, having more tools in your "arsenol" tool belt, can only help.

So, once again, sorry angor, vi does have a purpose, it is functional, and necessary, and I shouldnt have flamed it so bad... I guess a better analogy is... vi is about as useful as... a EXCEL Spreadsheet is to an accountant... Better

Ms. Cuddles