-

Originally Posted by
Cuddles
I have to admit, vi is powerful, a lot better than edlin could ever have been, etc... but it doesnt compete with GUI based editors, though.
Hey Cuddles, vim (aka gvim), is a GUI editor!
Cuddles, in spite of all your useful advice over these and other forums, you are wrong on vim
. No other editor comes close and I've never met anybody who can edit/create files as quickly and efficiently as I can using vim (I'm a software developer). I've been using vi/vim for over 20 years and consider myself a vim guru but still am occasionally surprised to discover new features hidden within its treasure trove. With the recent vim 7, I've now got to learn heaps more ....
Vim is for power users! Hooray for Bram Moolenaar.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR
$100.00

HP 360LX Palmtop PC Vintage Pocket Computer, working, Stylus included.
$69.00

Altec Lansing Vintage Computer Subwoofer & Speakers ACS340 - No Power Cord
$49.99

Apple Power Mac G4 Media Software Install Restore OS 9 X Disc Lot 603-0711 Vtg
$100.00

Vintage Microtech Europa 40 External SCSI Hard Drive (For Parts/Untested)
$59.95

Vintage L.L. Bean Messenger Bag Blue canvas tan accent w/Leather Trim
$65.00

Vintage Atari Portfolio HPC-704 File Manager/Tutorial Card In Case 1990
$54.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop HP 2940A Vintage Computer, Power Supply and mouse
$159.95

Vintage Sun Type 4 Computer Keyboard
$89.99