Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Bizarre DNS error while remastering

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3

    Bizarre DNS error while remastering

    Hi!
    I already remastered several knoppix (with version 3.4) with no problems. Now I'm using the latest version, because I can't find anymore the 3.4

    This time I can't connect to the network using server names, it will only work using IPs...
    I follow the instructions (copy /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf in the same source/KNOPPIX directory, mount /proc in chroot) and this is what I get:

    root@0[/]# ping google.com
    ping: unknown host google.com
    root@0[/]# ping 72.14.207.99 (google.com IP address!!!!!)
    PING 72.14.207.99 (72.14.207.99): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 72.14.207.99: icmp_seq=0 ttl=231 time=160.6 ms
    64 bytes from 72.14.207.99: icmp_seq=1 ttl=231 time=158.2 ms
    64 bytes from 72.14.207.99: icmp_seq=2 ttl=231 time=156.7 ms
    64 bytes from 72.14.207.99: icmp_seq=3 ttl=231 time=162.0 ms
    64 bytes from 72.14.207.99: icmp_seq=4 ttl=231 time=155.7 ms
    This problem only exists in the chroot environment.
    So the problem is that, even if network is working, I can't use server names, so no (usable) internal browser's links and sources.list to update my Knoppix.
    What can I do? I am not forced to write down every necessary IP address and use it, am I?
    Thanks,
    Dario.Shanghai

  2. #2
    I don't know... try edit manually from chroot:
    vi /etc/resolv.conf
    and then type nameserver YOUR_DNS_IP

Similar Threads

  1. Bizarre wireless lan issue
    By defiance in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2005, 09:32 PM
  2. knoppix remastering error - kde won't start
    By cinematography in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 12:50 AM
  3. error when making swap in remastering[solved]
    By techz_boy in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2005, 08:52 AM
  4. Error Remastering a DVD! (help!)
    By your_breakfast in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2005, 12:45 AM
  5. error after remastering knoppix 3.3
    By copymaster in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 04:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM picture

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM

$320.00



Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2 picture

Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2

$30.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$288.19



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory picture

Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory

$199.99



SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$200.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55