Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Bizarre DNS error while remastering

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3

    Bizarre DNS error while remastering

    Hi!
    I already remastered several knoppix (with version 3.4) with no problems. Now I'm using the latest version, because I can't find anymore the 3.4

    This time I can't connect to the network using server names, it will only work using IPs...
    I follow the instructions (copy /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf in the same source/KNOPPIX directory, mount /proc in chroot) and this is what I get:

    root@0[/]# ping google.com
    ping: unknown host google.com
    root@0[/]# ping 72.14.207.99 (google.com IP address!!!!!)
    PING 72.14.207.99 (72.14.207.99): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 72.14.207.99: icmp_seq=0 ttl=231 time=160.6 ms
    64 bytes from 72.14.207.99: icmp_seq=1 ttl=231 time=158.2 ms
    64 bytes from 72.14.207.99: icmp_seq=2 ttl=231 time=156.7 ms
    64 bytes from 72.14.207.99: icmp_seq=3 ttl=231 time=162.0 ms
    64 bytes from 72.14.207.99: icmp_seq=4 ttl=231 time=155.7 ms
    This problem only exists in the chroot environment.
    So the problem is that, even if network is working, I can't use server names, so no (usable) internal browser's links and sources.list to update my Knoppix.
    What can I do? I am not forced to write down every necessary IP address and use it, am I?
    Thanks,
    Dario.Shanghai

  2. #2
    I don't know... try edit manually from chroot:
    vi /etc/resolv.conf
    and then type nameserver YOUR_DNS_IP

Similar Threads

  1. Bizarre wireless lan issue
    By defiance in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2005, 09:32 PM
  2. knoppix remastering error - kde won't start
    By cinematography in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 12:50 AM
  3. error when making swap in remastering[solved]
    By techz_boy in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2005, 08:52 AM
  4. Error Remastering a DVD! (help!)
    By your_breakfast in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2005, 12:45 AM
  5. error after remastering knoppix 3.3
    By copymaster in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 04:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box picture

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box

$48.00



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25