-
Unable to boot: cloop.ko error
Hello,
I'm completely new to this linux thing and thought I would give it a go.
I downloaded Knoppix V4.0.2CD20005-01-23-EN.iso using bit torrent.
I did an MD5 check sum using MD5summer
I burnt this onto a branded CD-R at a slow speed using Nero 7. I got it to verify the data, which it passed with no problems.
However when I boot from the CD i get these messages
Accessing Knoppix CD at dev/hdd
insmod: error inserting 'modules/cloop.ko' -1 Bad file number
I've searched the forum for help and found someone who'd installed new bios and that seemed to help him. He mentioned something about setting his hard drives to legacy in the bios. I'm not quite sure what he meant. The thread is here
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ps I have 2 hard drive, one of which is partioned, with a windows install using NTFS on one half and FAT32 on the other half and the second drive is NTFS. Could this be part of the problem ?
Thanks
Edwin
Similar Threads
-
By gamewolf in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-05-2007, 04:53 AM
-
By rmd6502 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-27-2007, 03:51 AM
-
By psirac in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-12-2004, 09:22 PM
-
By BlkBear in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 09:44 PM
-
By dil in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 01:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98