-
Junior Member
registered user
Suddenly can't write to USB flash drive
I am running Knoppix with no hard drive, just a USB flash drive mounted as sda1. The drive is only 1/4 full. I can see from using Konqueror to browse files and also from the command line that all files have rwxrwxrwx permissions. I am trying to write to the USB drive but can't. If I use KEdit I get the message:
"The document could not be saved, as it was not possible to write to file:///mnt/sda1/asd.
Check that you have write access to this file or that enough disk space is available."
If I try to export bookmarks from Firefox I get not error message but the file is never written to the disk. I believe the problem started when I removed the USB drive and then replaced it during normal operations. After plugging the drive back in, I remounted it, and now I can read files fine, just can't write. I tried to unmount sda1 and then mount it again, but when I enter the command "umount /mnt/sda1" I get this message: "umount: /mnt/sda1: device is busy". Perhaps this is a clue.
Any ideas on how I can save all the work I have in memory before rebooting? Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
-
By kpfuser in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2005, 03:31 PM
-
By kpettersen in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-02-2005, 05:26 PM
-
By jehan60188 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 07:57 PM
-
By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

PATRIOT VIPER 32GB (4X8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM MEMORY PV332G160C9QK
$70.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95