Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: copying from ntfs to ext hdd fat32 - stalled

  1. #11
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by dav2900
    I have opened many files successfully in my other XP installation - MS Office docs, MPG, AVIs, JPGs. All the way up to 4 Gb AVIs...
    Most doc or jpg files are too small to be a valid test. The MPG or AVI would be a good test, but just because you can open and view the first part of a mpg does not mean the rest is good, it would be far better to watch it or skip to the end of the MPG and see if it really is the correct end of the MPG. Good luck.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  2. #12
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12
    LSI said the hardware talks to the OS through the driver so Knoppix must be loading the correct Linux driver, which LSI offers. So far, I've copied ~240 Gb of data and identified some dir's I cant copy because of the media errors.
    I'll run a consistency check soon which may be able to move the data to another location on the drive but this process may take 1-2 days to complete. Once I get as much as I can, I have to run Maxtor's diag utility to get the error code to apply for a replacement but to do that, I'll need to buy another SATA card since the LSI doesn't allow the Maxtor utility to see each drive individually. Could easily be another 1-2 weeks before I have everything done to BEGIN the rebuilding process...sheesh!

    Anyway, in case anyone is interested, I'll post results as I go along.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Copying Between NTFS Drives
    By Zeroez in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 05:02 PM
  2. Reformatting NTFS -> FAT32
    By dataco in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 01:28 AM
  3. NTFS is seen as FAT32-cant access data
    By mobilesoul in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 04:58 PM
  4. should i use fat32 for win partitions instead of ntfs?
    By Josh83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 05:50 AM
  5. NTFS vs. FAT32
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 09:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair

$88.75



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set picture

Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set

$20.00