Is whatever code Knoppix uses to detect the sound card available on its own?
I have a mostly working Debian system, but I simply can not get my sound card (SB AWE 32) working. It was supported just fine under 2.2 / OSS, but I made the mistake of upgrading to 2.6, and somehow installed some 2.6 only programs so the 2.2 kernel won't boot any more.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory
$27.95
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39