I've installed knoppix 4.0.2 on a computer at home and can configure it without a problem. Ethernet card can be configured using DHCP or static address without problem and latest configuration is restored during reboot.
I made the same at work but the configuration of ethernet cards is not hold. I need a static address so I used the GUI utility to configure my card. Everything go fine until I reboot. Then my network card tries again to obtain an address by DHCP.
I need a second ethernet card as this machine will act as a SIP proxy (VoIP). I putted my card in the computer add the useful driver modeprobe 8139too and add the line 8139too at the end of /etc/modules but when I reboot the module is not loaded and my last line in /etc/modules has disappeard.
Any suggestion to solve my problem is welcomed.
Thanks in advance

Cisco Catalyst C9300X-NM-2C 2-Port 40G/100G Multi Gig
$775.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
$16127.99
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99
Cisco ASR 901 Series A901-12C-FT-D Aggregation Services Router 800-40055-01
$122.40