Hi just got knoppix Auditor Live CD great system!
I understand that finding a WLAN PCMCIA card to work with Linux can be a real crap shoot (tried to get one working unsuccessfully with Fedora 4 for months). So when I had the Auditor live CD up and running on my Dell Inspiron 2200 I borrowed a friend's D-Link DWL-G650 PCMCIA to test it before I buy and return a zillion other cards.
When I ran Kismet it identified about six different WLAN's in my area. I entered my friend's ESSID, ch # and WEP Key, It told me that my card "could not be configured". When I tried to connect to an unsecured WLAN with good signal I got the same thing.
So the wireless card is identified upon booting Knoppix Auditor, gets power and can capture/analyize packets but cannot logon to these networks? I would guess if Knoppix sees the card, the card sees the network, I enter the proper fields it should work right?
Anyone got any ideas what the deal is?
(PS Assuming I buy a WLAN PCMCIA card that isn't based on the Prism 2 chipset will I still be able to use most of Auditor's wireless tools?)![]()
Thanks!

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 256GB 8x32GB F4-3200C14Q2-256GTRG CL14-18-18-38 DDR4 RAM
$1200.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$47988.00
1 Corsair CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 3200 MHz RGB PRO SL 16GB DDR4 SDRAM - Black
$50.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00