-
[FIXED] How to Get My Linksys WMP54GS To Work In Knoppix
I'm trying to get my wireless Linksys WMP54GS to work under Knoppix, to then preceed by installing Gentoo through Knoppix. But no matter what I seem to try, it dosen't seem to want to budge! But before logging out and loosing all my settings, I took the liberty of taking down some notes.
dmesg
Code:
IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver ndiswrapper version 1.1rc3 loaded (preempt=yes,smp=yes) ndiswrapper: driver wmp54gs (Linksys,12/22/2004, 3.100.46.0) loaded ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:06:01.0[A] -> GSI 22 (level, low) -> IRQ 22 ndiswrapper: using irq 22 wlan0: ndiswrapper ethernet device 00:14:bf:74:4c:fb using driver wmp54gs, configuration file 14E4:4318.5.conf wlan0: encryption modes supported: WEP, WPA with TKIP, WPA with AES/CCMP
lspci
Code:
0000:06:01.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation: Unknown device 4318 (rev 02)
iwconfig wlan0
Code:
wlan0 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:off/any Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00 Bit Rate:54 Mb/s Tx-Power:25 dBm RTS thr:2347 B Fragment thr:2346 B Encryption key:off Power Management:off Link Quality:100/100 Signal level:-10 dBm Noise level:-256 dBm Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0 Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
ifconfig wlan0
Code:
wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:14:BF:74:4C:FB inet6 addr: fe80::214:bfff:fe74:4cfb/64 Scope:Link UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b) Memory:dfefe000-dfefffff
Also, when I check KWiFiManager, it can find my network and I see the greenlight and all, but my internet still won't work. Secondly, I do have access to the router if needed! And yes I was root while attempting all of this.
Thanks!
Edit: So I tried again today, and it finds my network fine. But I still can't access the internet. And the greenlight on the PCI card itself dosen't light up. 
Also, it seems now that when I try to go to a website via Konqueror, that it actually tries to find the page as opposed to simply saying it can't find x site from the get-go.
Similar Threads
-
By CJWertz in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-10-2006, 06:54 PM
-
By grtflber in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-29-2005, 04:53 AM
-
By pterandon in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-30-2005, 08:43 AM
-
By ys0304 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-06-2005, 02:37 AM
-
By StuartP in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-03-2003, 11:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Iomega Bernoulli 90 PRO 90MB SCSI Removable Disk Drive + Extras
$124.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Rare Vintage Commodore Solid State Red LED Calculator 897D w/ box & manual
$49.99

Epson LQ-570+ Vintage Dot Matrix Printer Tested w/Cable - READ
$100.00

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00