-
Just getting started
I still have Windows installed and am trying out the Live CD.
The Live Knoppix recognized the Comcast modem and everything worked alright, though there were issues with display functions not performing properly. I have at least 256 Megs of Ram, so that should be enough to accomodate simple things such as display functions. On one website that I visited, only small portions of the screen were showing up. On several occasions, parts of the screen would get whited out and start partially reappearing as I moved the mouse over them. Plus, there were issues with sizing of the screens and the print coming out really small, though that is probably something that can be adjusted easily.
What causes these issues with the display functioning? Is it something to worry about when it becomes an actual full install?
I have limited space on my hard drive, about 2.3 gigs out of 8. I am inclined to just format my hard drive and start all over. Will connecting with my modem be anymore difficult after I format my hard drive?
Where can I find a crash course on the basics of Knoppix/Debian?
Also, is it possible to switch from one distro to another after I take the plunge with Knoppix?
Similar Threads
-
By TheChemist187 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-22-2005, 05:13 AM
-
By atrick-pay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By sirknot in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 06:35 AM
-
By s10237 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 03:08 PM
-
By hokeypokey31 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-23-2004, 03:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99