-
Thank you so much for your quick reply. There is still so much for me to learn. Is there somewhere I can read a general overview on all things related to Linux, or Debian?
So far, I am happy with the potential that I have seen and am completely ready to divorce myself from Windows permanently, though there is still plenty for me to learn before I do take the plunge. It seems user-friendly enough and with all of these forums, surely it can't be that hard to figure things out. Really the only major things I am concerned about are 1) getting the distro to recognize my Comcast modem and work with it, and 2) getting everything to function properly once I do make a full install.
Can the full Debian install be done with, say, 4 gigs? Can anything be done with 1 gig? How much space does it take? This might sound like a stupid question, but I won't need a DVD size disk to do a Debian install, right?
Similar Threads
-
By TheChemist187 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-22-2005, 05:13 AM
-
By atrick-pay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By sirknot in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 06:35 AM
-
By s10237 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 03:08 PM
-
By hokeypokey31 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-23-2004, 03:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00