-
Junior Member
registered user
Few problems
I have just downloaded knoppix 3.2 and I found some problems that i haven`t noticed before. Here they are:
1. I can`t mount Windows partitions as user (but as root I can do that without a problem).
2. Problems with compiling. There are errors when running ./configure and even if it goes through this step it give an error when preforming make. I must say that those aplications are compiling without any problems in knoppix 3.1.
3. When i try to acces the kernel through the control panel knoppix gives a message that it can`t locate it in the default location or you have just found an error. Whats that?
-
Senior Member
registered user
1. Edit the fstab and put user in the line for your windows partition to allow users to mount.
2. Never had a problem compiling.
3. The config.in file that is looking for is not present Klaus must have forgot to include it.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Should I download config.in from somewhere. Can it influence the compiling process?
What could be the reason for those errors?
Thanks for the first tip, it realy helped me.
And two more things....
1. How to mount CDRW so it can run/burn CD`s?
2. And second is a problem whit installing debian packages. Whenever I
install a package there are always errors even when I download them
from debian.org. How to ged rid of this error?
-
Senior Member
registered user
1. Use cdrecord --scanbus to find your device id. Then make sure you have the line:
Code:
/dev/scd? /cdrw iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
In your fstab replace the ? with the id number. I created the /cdrw directory with mkdir in / for the mount point. You should be able to burn with K3b with the defaults included at least that's how it worked for me.
2. What error are you getting. I had to update two lines the /etc/apt/sources.list in the XFree section that was pointing to the wrong directory (it was moved) this may be the problem. If it is not then post the output of the error.
-
Senior Member
registered user
--Please post your mods to sources.list and cc an email to Klaus... I had to comment those two lines out.

Originally Posted by
Stephen
1. Use
cdrecord --scanbus to find your device id. Then make sure you have the line:
Code:
/dev/scd? /cdrw iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
In your fstab replace the ? with the id number. I created the /cdrw directory with mkdir in / for the mount point. You should be able to burn with K3b with the defaults included at least that's how it worked for me.
2. What error are you getting. I had to update two lines the
/etc/apt/sources.list in the XFree section that was pointing to the wrong directory (it was moved) this may be the problem. If it is not then post the output of the error.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Dave_Bechtel
--Please post your mods to sources.list and cc an email to Klaus... I had to comment those two lines out.
Duh! wasn't thinking.
-
Senior Member
registered user
--I get a 403 Forbidden on the penguinppc link... The ~branden seems ok tho.

Originally Posted by
Stephen

Originally Posted by
Dave_Bechtel
--Please post your mods to sources.list and cc an email to Klaus... I had to comment those two lines out.
Duh! wasn't thinking.
-
Senior Member
registered user
[quote="Dave_Bechtel"]--I get a 403 Forbidden on the penguinppc link... The ~branden seems ok tho.
That weird just tried an update and worked fine.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks for all answers. About those packeges I meant the *.deb files not
those form apt-get. And about that CDRW. I have done everything like
you said but it still doesn`t wor. Any suggestions? What about those
compiling problems. What can couse them?
-
Senior Member
registered user
So you have put the line in the fstab and cdrecord recognizes the drive. You may have to enable ide-scsi in lilo.conf. In a root console edit /etc/lilo.conf and change the append line you will see hd?=scsi change to hd?=ide-scsi where ?=your cdrw then still in the root console /sbin/lilo to commit the changes then reboot for the changes to take effect.
Post the output of the error when compiling and with the deb packages.
Similar Threads
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By lesshaste in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Remote Desktop User & Device RDS CALs for Windows Server 2025, 2022 & 2019
$174.99