-
Remastering Knoppix and install a .tar.gz on in
Hello!
I have to remaster Knoppix 4.0 and install VMware Workstation on it (I have the licence and it's for my personnal use... so it's legal).
I know how remaster Knoppix, but I have a problem. How to install VMware on it? I try to put the tar.gz on my partition when I work to remaster (/dev/sda5). Then I boot from the live CD, i mount this partition (mount -o rw /dev/sda5 /mnt/sda5) and I make a "chroot /mnt/sda5/source/KNOPPIX". Then I extract VMware on /dev/sda5/, and launch install programe with "./vmware-distrib/vmware-install.pl" but I start not (Unfortunately i don't keep the error message). Then I try to launch the install file from the CD, and put the installation files in "/mnt/sda5/source/KNOPPIX/.." but I can then not lauch VMware from the remaster CD.
So, how can we install a tar.gz for remaster Knoppix?
Thank you for your help
Similar Threads
-
By saeid_azad in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-20-2007, 09:37 PM
-
By mlopes in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 08-28-2005, 02:28 PM
-
By maximum in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 08:22 AM
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By nikbutler in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 04:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00