Hello!
I have to remaster Knoppix 4.0 and install VMware Workstation on it (I have the licence and it's for my personnal use... so it's legal).
I know how remaster Knoppix, but I have a problem. How to install VMware on it? I try to put the tar.gz on my partition when I work to remaster (/dev/sda5). Then I boot from the live CD, i mount this partition (mount -o rw /dev/sda5 /mnt/sda5) and I make a "chroot /mnt/sda5/source/KNOPPIX". Then I extract VMware on /dev/sda5/, and launch install programe with "./vmware-distrib/vmware-install.pl" but I start not (Unfortunately i don't keep the error message). Then I try to launch the install file from the CD, and put the installation files in "/mnt/sda5/source/KNOPPIX/.." but I can then not lauch VMware from the remaster CD.
So, how can we install a tar.gz for remaster Knoppix?
Thank you for your help![]()

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99