-
Writing to a USB hard drive
Apologies if this is really obvious, but I haven't managed to fix it. I need to transfer some files from a laptop with a broken WinXP installation. I'm booting from a Knoppix 3.9 CD, and trying to transfer files onto a USB hard drive, and no matter what I do with permissions it won't let me do it. Can anyone advise?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Hi,
it's my same problem. I've attached an usb-hd to my laptop and I was unable to copy anything in it. I've posted this question in some knoppix-forum without answer. At any rate, you can try with Ubuntu-live. Ubuntu has not these problems and mount without problems also the ntfs-partions of windows XP!!!!
Hi,
davide
-
first I had the same problem, but I formated my CF-Card and it worked...
Use Knoppix 5.0.1, these things function better there compared to Knoppix 3.9
-
I just had a similar issue just moments ago.
Got a new drive tried to copy data and it wasnt able to write as knoppix is not able to write to NTFS by default. Had to repartition and format as FAT32 so i can read and write in both knoppix and windows.
Similar Threads
-
By desperateforhelp in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-06-2008, 01:58 AM
-
By eeoam in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-07-2007, 04:12 PM
-
By cloudhands in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-27-2006, 12:30 AM
-
By francy222 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 06:48 PM
-
By quanticle1 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-20-2003, 02:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB G3D
$142.50

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99