-
Knoppix can see wlan's, cannot logon
Hi just got knoppix Auditor Live CD great system!
I understand that finding a WLAN PCMCIA card to work with Linux can be a real crap shoot (tried to get one working unsuccessfully with Fedora 4 for months). So when I had the Auditor live CD up and running on my Dell Inspiron 2200 I borrowed a friend's D-Link DWL-G650 PCMCIA to test it before I buy and return a zillion other cards.
When I ran Kismet it identified about six different WLAN's in my area. I entered my friend's ESSID, ch # and WEP Key, It told me that my card "could not be configured". When I tried to connect to an unsecured WLAN with good signal I got the same thing.
So the wireless card is identified upon booting Knoppix Auditor, gets power and can capture/analyize packets but cannot logon to these networks? I would guess if Knoppix sees the card, the card sees the network, I enter the proper fields it should work right?
Anyone got any ideas what the deal is?
(PS Assuming I buy a WLAN PCMCIA card that isn't based on the Prism 2 chipset will I still be able to use most of Auditor's wireless tools?)
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By chip.ling in forum Networking
Replies: 20
Last Post: 05-12-2006, 06:24 PM
-
By GoP-Demon in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 11:23 AM
-
By JonK in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-27-2005, 07:38 PM
-
By Eradicator in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-26-2003, 04:41 PM
-
By oscar in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-10-2003, 10:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.
$159.00

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99