-
Frozen Cujrsor on Windows Reactivation
How do I reactivate Windows XP using Knoppix? My Cursor freezes whenever I try to type in the reactivation code on Windows startup. I am totally new to Knoppix.
Help
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't think you can "activate" a Windows XP installation using Knoppix. If you had a backup of a previous installation of XP that was activated on the same system, there might be some files you could transfer, but probably still shouldn't use Knoppix to move them if the partition is NTFS. Windows activation usually takes place under Windows. I would suggest that you check the Microsoft site for assistance with the issue, or call Microsoft support. I would do that BEFORE doing any more damage by trying different exotic methods on an already broken installation.
Similar Threads
-
By jasee in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-01-2009, 08:56 AM
-
By ant in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 14
Last Post: 07-31-2006, 06:55 AM
-
By Freitag in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-25-2006, 12:31 AM
-
By nvgringo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2004, 12:58 PM
-
By ramu_i in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 01:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$245.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50