I am running Knoppix with no hard drive, just a USB flash drive mounted as sda1. The drive is only 1/4 full. I can see from using Konqueror to browse files and also from the command line that all files have rwxrwxrwx permissions. I am trying to write to the USB drive but can't. If I use KEdit I get the message:
"The document could not be saved, as it was not possible to write to file:///mnt/sda1/asd.
Check that you have write access to this file or that enough disk space is available."
If I try to export bookmarks from Firefox I get not error message but the file is never written to the disk. I believe the problem started when I removed the USB drive and then replaced it during normal operations. After plugging the drive back in, I remounted it, and now I can read files fine, just can't write. I tried to unmount sda1 and then mount it again, but when I enter the command "umount /mnt/sda1" I get this message: "umount: /mnt/sda1: device is busy". Perhaps this is a clue.
Any ideas on how I can save all the work I have in memory before rebooting? Thanks!![]()
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Vintage Atari 410 Program Recorder Cassette Player - Tested/Working
$25.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75
Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working
$150.00