-
Hard Drive Locked Up
So, the other day my computer locked and I had to shut it down manually. Long story short...whenver I start my computer now it goes to this screen that basically says something got seriously messed up and my computer can't start. I should probably note that I have Windows XP. I downloaded Knoppix onto a Cd and have been booting it from there like is supposed to happen. My idea was that I would be able to delete the file(s) that was corrupting my computer, or at least transfer all my files that I need then completely nuke my system and start from scratch, but I now have a new problem: I can't modify/delete any of my files. Whenever I go to delete a file, Knoppix says it can't do it. I have set hd1 so it is not read-only and can be written on by all users, but that didn't work. Also, I went to sendthisfile.com, but when I go to browse for my files to upload them, Knoppix will not allow me to go down a level from hd1, so I can't access any of my files. If this makes sense to anyone and they want to help me, that would be awesome. If it doesn't make any sense, I will be more than happy to answers questions so I can hopefully find an answer. Thank you so much in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By bagmonkey in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2008, 04:50 AM
-
By tjashmore in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-01-2007, 06:05 PM
-
By husalah5150 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Dell R730 AI Home Lab Server 128GB RTX 3060 Ti Dual Xeon 20-Core
$999.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99