-
problems with ppp and kppp
I am having problems with user acccounts for kppp and pppd. When trying to connect with kppp, I got a message saying could not access /var/syslog /var/messages /var/syslog.ppp. I went and did a chmod 755 to pppd and kppp and the /var/syslog & /var/messages. /var/syslog.ppp does not exist.
After trying again, I now get an error message that it cannot open the ppp log file. I can't see a ppp.log file anywhere.
As root, I can log connect no probs. Similarly, if I su from a terminal and start kppp, I can also connect. It just doesn't want to let me connect as a normal user.
My modem and connection settings are fine, as they both work on RH and Slackware, just not on this distro (Knoppix).
Similar Threads
-
By petrotraficante in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 04:34 AM
-
By el.cubano in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 12:29 PM
-
By TheBman in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 01:32 PM
-
By xolstis in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2003, 01:37 PM
-
By kc1di in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 09:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$32.99