Hello, I just installed and want to make changes to things like /etc/network/interfaces and I reallly hate vi. In other debian distros, I would type as root:
.Code:kate /etc/network/interfaces
But now under knoppix, I get this error:
Unfortunately this doesn't happen under the non-root userid.Code:Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protocol specified kate: cannot connect to X server :0.0
Q: any way to fix?
Q: any other way to log in as root under a GUI editor?

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50