I've installed knoppix to my HD. First I tried the debian flavor, but although knoppix has no problem with my graphics card, the HD install could not get X started, so I punted and installed the beginner/knoppix variant. X no problem.
But I am trying to configure this PC to use our NIS/NFS/automount setup and I'm having some interesting problems.
1) I changed hostname, domainname and nisdomainname with the corresponding commands, but the values do not survive a reboot. After I reboot they go back to the defaults. How do I change the defaults? I have the correct names in /etc/hosts, /etc/yp.conf and /etc/defaultdomain, is there another file that knows about this? Wiki does not mention this problem.
I'm using kernel 2.6.12, off a knoppix disk version 4.0.2 2005-09-23.
thanks,
TDB

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)
$39.00
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99