I'm using Knoppix 4.02 with persistant home directory, which means that Knoppix is NOT installed on the hard drive. There are a number of reasons for not installing Knoppix on the HD, but I still would like to be able to install packages. As I try to follow my Knoppix for Dummies book (stop laughing, please) I'm unable to install (for example) KMyMoney. In addition, after an attempt at using KPaclage, I'm asked for a password. Problem is that as soon as I type in a char. the Password box goes away and I can't install anything.
I would really appreciate knowing if I can install packages using just persistant storage, and how to do it.
Thanks,
Dave

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00