-
KPackage installation of packages with persistant Knoppix 4.
I'm using Knoppix 4.02 with persistant home directory, which means that Knoppix is NOT installed on the hard drive. There are a number of reasons for not installing Knoppix on the HD, but I still would like to be able to install packages. As I try to follow my Knoppix for Dummies book (stop laughing, please) I'm unable to install (for example) KMyMoney. In addition, after an attempt at using KPaclage, I'm asked for a password. Problem is that as soon as I type in a char. the Password box goes away and I can't install anything.
I would really appreciate knowing if I can install packages using just persistant storage, and how to do it.
Thanks,
Dave
Similar Threads
-
By Knopperdude in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-20-2009, 12:33 AM
-
By Sgeo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 10:45 PM
-
By smarchand291 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 04:58 AM
-
By charlwood in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-06-2004, 08:16 PM
-
By dennison_b in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 01:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K 3.9GHz LGA 1851 Processor
$249.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99