Knoppix has been having problems with the network working fine from CD but not after a hard disk install as long as this website has been up. Look at the oldest posts in the hdd install forum. Looks like 5.0.1 is no exception.
I did a 'Beginner" HD install of the 5.0.1 DVD. Running it from the DVD, everything worked fine, on my Dell Latitude CPx J750GT, and not only was the pcmcia ethernet card found, but it was brought up and worked fine.
Once I installed it to the harddrive however, the card is found, eth0 is recognised, but the interface isn't brought up. If I run netcardconfig, it brings up the interface just fine and configures it via dhcp.
How do I configure the system to do this automatically, in the future, so I can skip this manual step?
Thanks.
Knoppix has been having problems with the network working fine from CD but not after a hard disk install as long as this website has been up. Look at the oldest posts in the hdd install forum. Looks like 5.0.1 is no exception.
It seems that in my case, the problem was that the networking script, in init.d was not being run. I made a link to it in rcS.d, and now the card is properly started and configured during boot up.
Shaun

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$99.00
Oem Samsung BAR Plus 256 GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - Champagne/Silver NEW SEALED
$56.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79
Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90
TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00