Knoppix has been having problems with the network working fine from CD but not after a hard disk install as long as this website has been up. Look at the oldest posts in the hdd install forum. Looks like 5.0.1 is no exception.
I did a 'Beginner" HD install of the 5.0.1 DVD. Running it from the DVD, everything worked fine, on my Dell Latitude CPx J750GT, and not only was the pcmcia ethernet card found, but it was brought up and worked fine.
Once I installed it to the harddrive however, the card is found, eth0 is recognised, but the interface isn't brought up. If I run netcardconfig, it brings up the interface just fine and configures it via dhcp.
How do I configure the system to do this automatically, in the future, so I can skip this manual step?
Thanks.
Knoppix has been having problems with the network working fine from CD but not after a hard disk install as long as this website has been up. Look at the oldest posts in the hdd install forum. Looks like 5.0.1 is no exception.
It seems that in my case, the problem was that the networking script, in init.d was not being run. I made a link to it in rcS.d, and now the card is properly started and configured during boot up.
Shaun

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00
Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99
Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00
Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99