-
Not able to read files from hda1...
I am brand new to the world of Linux, and I am hoping that someone can help me resolve a problem I am having while running knoppix (v4.0) from a live_cd. When I try to boot from the CD without using any "cheats" the process hangs when it gets to 'Scanning for Harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab...'. I am able to work around this problem by using 'nofstab', but once everything is up and running, I am not able to find any /hd* folders on the desktop. I've tried to mount the drive manually but have not had any luck so far. The computer I am using is an old Toshiba laptop with windows XP (one hard drive single partition), so I know I can not write to the hard drive, but I would like to be able to read from it. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By thedave360 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-27-2008, 04:35 AM
-
By macsmith in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 09:51 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 04:36 AM
-
By neotheonlyone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-30-2003, 03:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Genuine Samsung K406S Black Toner Cartridge - New and Sealed Box
$35.99

WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0" 128GB Black SM-X210
$139.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95