-
Re: Not able to read files from hda1...
Thank you for your reply. To answer your questions:
-Yes, I am using v4.0.2
-I tried all of the cheatcodes in the Tips&Tricks sections with the following results:
boot: knoppix vga=0 - hung on following statement:
Scanning for Harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab...
boot: knoppix acpi=off pnpbios=off noapic noapm
same results as above
boot: failsafe debug -b 3 - I was able to get through boot process and startup, but still was not able to see hard drive. The only things present on desktop are CD-ROM, Floppy, KNOPPIX.desktop, and trash.desktop icons. I am able to get the same results by booting with the 'nofstab' cheatcode (without losing all of the other hardware functionality).
-I haven't gotten any error messages at all except for one regarding a sound card driver which I don't think would have any affect on this issue.
Any other suggestions on how I might be able to find and mount the hard drive would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again!
Similar Threads
-
By thedave360 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-27-2008, 04:35 AM
-
By macsmith in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 09:51 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 04:36 AM
-
By neotheonlyone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-30-2003, 03:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00