-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: 5.0.1 does not find my router or DSL modem.

Originally Posted by
stanmc
.... You didn't comment on the one thing that really bothered me in my second post which was that the card or eth0 was marked as disabled. I have an onboard ethernet port which is disabled in the BIOS since it didn't function when I installed FC4. I installed a PCI card which I think is a d-link 503 (can't find the box). I suppose, that since it is marked as disabled, that is why when I type ifconfig I only get the lo info and not the eth0 info. When I do this in FC5 I get info for both eth0 and lo.
I'm not at all clear on what is really happening here. If you have a PCI card NIC installed then you should certainly have an ethx showing up. It might be sth1 if Knoppix somehow still knows about sth0 even though it is "disabled", it might be eth0 if Knoppix is now ignoring the on-board NIC. But the lo should only be the local loopback port, not any use for talking to the rest of the world. But your indication that you got a 192.168.2.xxx address set up for you makes me believe that Knoppix is indeed seeing an ethernet port. Beyaon that I don't really understand what is happening in your case.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By ar in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 07:51 AM
-
By wsg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 23
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:06 PM
-
By master_b in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 04:31 AM
-
By megahertzme in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 10:10 AM
-
By tommyf in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 10:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Blade Chassis w/2x Xeon E5-2630L 2.0GHz, 32GB RAM, No H
$144.99