-
Big problem by mounting
I got a problem...
I got the Knoppix-Linux Version 3.3
When I run it and start, it dont recognize my hda and I am not able to mount it in....
The worst for me is, all my datas are on that hda
Have someone a idea what I could do?
-
I'd say you get the newest version, 5.0.1 and try it again!
what do u want to do with this Data? Backup? Use?
If you just want to make a backup, you can also try "ultimate boot cd", there are file managers there which runs from CD, so you can copy your data to another partition if you have one.
another bootable recovery CD is "Winternals ERD Commander", based on windows. It's like a knoppix on an XP-basis. But it's not free... http://www.winternals.com/Products/A...dcommander2005
-
reply
I want only to recover my datas, the problem is, when I want to start windows it dont boot,
so I try knoppix and it bootet.
I wanted to know why it could not boot windows and so I looked at the BIOS, and there stood my master slave doesnt work, there stood its not installed..
And now I just want to get the datas, if I dont get em, my father will be angry
-
hm, if the HD is not detected in the BIOS, then you have a Problem... I guess you didn't play around with the jumpers, no?
Well, if your system doesn't detect your HD (you can also see that in the first boot screen, just hit "pause" to get more time), then Knoppix won't either.
same thing happened to a friend of mine yesterday. His Notebook broke down, completely! Doesn't even boot without the HD, so the mainboard must be broken. I took his HD out and plugged it via USB to my computer, and the HD didn't even spin! (And my BIOS didn't recognized it either). All his Data is lost...
I hope it's not the same problem you have right now, because there is no hope (or maybe a really expensive one, don't know for shure)
-
No I didnt play with the jumpers
The strange thing was, I wanted to switch my computer on and it doesnt work(boot)
I dont have any virus on that computer, because this computer dont have connection to the internet.
I have a master cd and recovery disk....but than my whole system will be erase.
Because the main thing is, I want to recover now the datas , my father got some important programms on the computer.this computer is no notebook, but strange was all was detected by knoppix but than no hrad disk
I could make that now with the master CD but....I need that data..
I didnt do any nonsens with that pc and it dont work...that is the weird things..
Its some Legend pc..
Similar Threads
-
By mjdc76 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-22-2006, 03:40 PM
-
By leone25s in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 12:07 PM
-
By tzulberti in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 04:02 AM
-
By tzulberti in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 04:52 AM
-
By stf-ko in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-19-2004, 10:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD
$84.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$349.95