-
Frozen X display in KNOPPIX v5.01/5.0.1 CD on an K8V SE...
Hello!
I am having problems booting up my new KNOPPIX v5.01/5.0.1 burned CD. I get all the way to the part where it will start X (it did detect my old ATI Radeon 9700 card), but it hangs in blackness. Pressing num lock, cap lock, and scroll lock did not change the light status. Ctrl-Alt-F1 failed as well. I have to hard reset to reboot. So I am going to assume my computer locked up here. 
I also tried running KNOPPIX in VMware v4.5.1 (Windows 2000 SP4 guest image; NTFS) in Windows XP Pro. SP2 (all updates), but it freezes at udev hardware detection. I don't know if this is related to why I can't boot from the real machine (ASUS K8V SE Deluxe; Athlon 64 3200+ (754 CPU), etc.).
CD should be fine since I was able to boot up without problems on my Dell Dimension 8250 machine. Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By jasee in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-01-2009, 08:56 AM
-
By Siegfried_Heintze in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-14-2006, 05:10 PM
-
By mimes in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 04:57 AM
-
By nvgringo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2004, 12:58 PM
-
By ramu_i in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 01:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

14" Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 2i Core I7-1165G7 16GB 256GGB WCam W11 Cord
$230.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$349.99

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00

Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2, i5 1135G7, 256GB, 8GB, 20VE003GUS no OS, Iris Xe, 15.6"
$200.00

Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$249.99