I want to be able to run a DOS command line program in Knoppix. Is there something already built-in to do this? Or do I need to add something?
I want to be able to run a DOS command line program in Knoppix. Is there something already built-in to do this? Or do I need to add something?
First you can try "wine YOUR_COMMAND.EXE" from Konsole. If that doesn't work, read on.Originally Posted by Mongoose
You can use program "dosemu" to run dos-programs.
Step-by-step instructions: (Tested with Knoppix 4.0.2 CD)
1. Download http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/d...n.tgz?download
2. Download http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/d...n.tgz?download
3. Open Konqueror and go to the directory where you saved those 2 files
4. Press F4 to open Konsole for that directory and use these commands to unpack them:
Now you can move the extracted "dosemu" directory to where you want to keep it. That directory includes everything you need for dosemu.Code:tar xzf dosemu-freedos-b9r5-bin.tgz tar xzf dosemu-1.2.2-bin.tgz
To start dosemu, go to the directory "dosemu", press F4 to start Konsole and use this command:
You should get some text which ends withCode:./xdosemu
You can then use normal DOS-commands like "dir"Code:"Welcome to dosemu 1.2.2.0!" C:\>
To use your dos-program, copy it to "freedos" directory in "dosemu" directory. (That directory will show up as c:\ within dosemu)
If you need any further help, just ask.
Thanks, malaire. I'm going to try that later this week. I'll let you all know how it works.

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99
Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$75.99
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99