Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Wrting to USB pen drive in live CD mode in V5.01

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8

    Wrting to USB pen drive in live CD mode in V5.01

    I need to use live cd mode on some machines at work, a hdd install is out of the question. I have been using V4.0.2 with the config files on a UDB pen drive. Today I tried 5.0.1 but was unable to to save the config to the pen drive. I right clicked on /sda1 on the desktop, mounted it and set it to writable, but still didn't work. The save config dialog only offered the choice of the floppy drive, but I have never been able to do a floppyconfig with any 2.6 kernal. On a different note, I was ubable to install a HP printer driver, kept getting a "driver not found or you don't have the proper permissions" type error message. Any ideas? Would I have better luck with the live DVD?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8
    The reference to changing /mnt to /media in the configsave script is not the problem, the script in 5.0.1 uses /media. However after looking at the script today, I could only find references to /media/fd0. From what I could tell from the script it will only offer saving to floppy, there seemed to be no pointers to any other other partitions for saving the config files. Tomorrow I will look at the saveconfig script in 4.0.2 which works perfectly, I suspect that a section might have been left out of the script in 5.0.1.

Similar Threads

  1. [bug] USB pen drive seen by 5.01 live; not 5.01 installed
    By pterandon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 08:56 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 07:07 AM
  3. USB drive not mounting in Kiosk mode
    By csanburn in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 01:01 AM
  4. In live mode all is OK, but when I install to HD...
    By turboconejo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 12:08 PM
  5. RADEON 7500 works but only in live mode(very strange)
    By sonic1001 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2003, 05:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12 picture

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12

$1599.99



Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM picture

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM

$10.99



Lot of 4 SK Hynix 16GB DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 2Rx8 SODIMM RAM HMA82GS6DJR8N-VK picture

Lot of 4 SK Hynix 16GB DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 2Rx8 SODIMM RAM HMA82GS6DJR8N-VK

$334.99



Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz picture

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz

$87.00



Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB) picture

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)

$159.95



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



G.Skill Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) (DDR5-6000 DDR5 RAM Memory Cl30-38-38-96 AMD EXPO picture

G.Skill Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) (DDR5-6000 DDR5 RAM Memory Cl30-38-38-96 AMD EXPO

$419.95



LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total) picture

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)

$129.99



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98