-
Wrting to USB pen drive in live CD mode in V5.01
I need to use live cd mode on some machines at work, a hdd install is out of the question. I have been using V4.0.2 with the config files on a UDB pen drive. Today I tried 5.0.1 but was unable to to save the config to the pen drive. I right clicked on /sda1 on the desktop, mounted it and set it to writable, but still didn't work. The save config dialog only offered the choice of the floppy drive, but I have never been able to do a floppyconfig with any 2.6 kernal. On a different note, I was ubable to install a HP printer driver, kept getting a "driver not found or you don't have the proper permissions" type error message. Any ideas? Would I have better luck with the live DVD?
Similar Threads
-
By pterandon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-05-2006, 08:56 PM
-
By ilan1 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-16-2006, 07:07 AM
-
By csanburn in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2005, 01:01 AM
-
By turboconejo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 12:08 PM
-
By sonic1001 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 05:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99