Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Wrting to USB pen drive in live CD mode in V5.01

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8

    Wrting to USB pen drive in live CD mode in V5.01

    I need to use live cd mode on some machines at work, a hdd install is out of the question. I have been using V4.0.2 with the config files on a UDB pen drive. Today I tried 5.0.1 but was unable to to save the config to the pen drive. I right clicked on /sda1 on the desktop, mounted it and set it to writable, but still didn't work. The save config dialog only offered the choice of the floppy drive, but I have never been able to do a floppyconfig with any 2.6 kernal. On a different note, I was ubable to install a HP printer driver, kept getting a "driver not found or you don't have the proper permissions" type error message. Any ideas? Would I have better luck with the live DVD?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8
    The reference to changing /mnt to /media in the configsave script is not the problem, the script in 5.0.1 uses /media. However after looking at the script today, I could only find references to /media/fd0. From what I could tell from the script it will only offer saving to floppy, there seemed to be no pointers to any other other partitions for saving the config files. Tomorrow I will look at the saveconfig script in 4.0.2 which works perfectly, I suspect that a section might have been left out of the script in 5.0.1.

Similar Threads

  1. [bug] USB pen drive seen by 5.01 live; not 5.01 installed
    By pterandon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 08:56 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 07:07 AM
  3. USB drive not mounting in Kiosk mode
    By csanburn in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 01:01 AM
  4. In live mode all is OK, but when I install to HD...
    By turboconejo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 12:08 PM
  5. RADEON 7500 works but only in live mode(very strange)
    By sonic1001 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2003, 05:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit picture

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit

$199.97



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 400800 PAL CPU6502C Sally PCB with PAL ANTIC  GTIA G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 400800 PAL CPU6502C Sally PCB with PAL ANTIC GTIA G3D

$70.00



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75