Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Wrting to USB pen drive in live CD mode in V5.01

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8

    Wrting to USB pen drive in live CD mode in V5.01

    I need to use live cd mode on some machines at work, a hdd install is out of the question. I have been using V4.0.2 with the config files on a UDB pen drive. Today I tried 5.0.1 but was unable to to save the config to the pen drive. I right clicked on /sda1 on the desktop, mounted it and set it to writable, but still didn't work. The save config dialog only offered the choice of the floppy drive, but I have never been able to do a floppyconfig with any 2.6 kernal. On a different note, I was ubable to install a HP printer driver, kept getting a "driver not found or you don't have the proper permissions" type error message. Any ideas? Would I have better luck with the live DVD?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8
    The reference to changing /mnt to /media in the configsave script is not the problem, the script in 5.0.1 uses /media. However after looking at the script today, I could only find references to /media/fd0. From what I could tell from the script it will only offer saving to floppy, there seemed to be no pointers to any other other partitions for saving the config files. Tomorrow I will look at the saveconfig script in 4.0.2 which works perfectly, I suspect that a section might have been left out of the script in 5.0.1.

Similar Threads

  1. [bug] USB pen drive seen by 5.01 live; not 5.01 installed
    By pterandon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 08:56 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 07:07 AM
  3. USB drive not mounting in Kiosk mode
    By csanburn in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 01:01 AM
  4. In live mode all is OK, but when I install to HD...
    By turboconejo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 12:08 PM
  5. RADEON 7500 works but only in live mode(very strange)
    By sonic1001 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2003, 05:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory picture

LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory

$255.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM picture

SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM

$169.99



LOT OF 4 Micron 16GB DDR4-2400 RDIMM 2Rx4 MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G3B1QG picture

LOT OF 4 Micron 16GB DDR4-2400 RDIMM 2Rx4 MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G3B1QG

$239.99



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT picture

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT

$9.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original

$39.88