I am using Knoppix in order to rescue some important information which was lost when there was a power outage which made it impossible for me to boot Windows XP, (which is my usual operating system).

The situation is very similar to http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ght=hard+drive or http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ght=ntfs+mount although what was suggested there didn't help.

When I try to mount my hard drive, (sudo mount /mnt/hda1), it comes back with this message:

Code:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda1,
       missing codepage or other error
       In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
       dmesg | tail  or so
dmesg | tail, gets this:

Code:
NTFS-fs error (device hda1): map_mft_record_page(): Mft record 0x4 is corrupt.  Run chkdsk.
NTFS-fs error (device hda1): map_mft_record(): Failed with error code 5.
NTFS-fs error (device hda1): ntfs_read_locked_inode(): Failed with error code -5.  Marking corrupt inode 0x4 as bad.  Run chkdsk.
NTFS-fs error (device hda1): load_and_init_attrdef(): Failed to initialize attribute definition table.
NTFS-fs error (device hda1): ntfs_fill_super(): Failed to load system files.
NTFS-fs error (device hda1): map_mft_record_page(): Mft record 0x4 is corrupt.  Run chkdsk.
NTFS-fs error (device hda1): map_mft_record(): Failed with error code 5.
NTFS-fs error (device hda1): ntfs_read_locked_inode(): Failed with error code -5.  Marking corrupt inode 0x4 as bad.  Run chkdsk.
NTFS-fs error (device hda1): load_and_init_attrdef(): Failed to initialize attribute definition table.
NTFS-fs error (device hda1): ntfs_fill_super(): Failed to load system files.
I have no idea what to do from here, and please keep in mind that I'm brand new to Knoppix, so if I'm overlooking something terribly obvious, I apologize.