-
Junior Member
registered user
How to reactivate eth0?
Hello. I am using Knoppix 4.0.2 live CD. I want to run my DSL's cat5 cable through a manual on/off swith, so I can physically disconnect from the internet and then reconnect at will, without rebooting. Also, I want to be able to boot without an internet connection and then get Knoppix recognize the connection upon command. Whenever I boot with my DSL modem already attached it shows up as eth0. How do I get eth0 working from the command line?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Does your DSL modem have a router built in? You didn't mention it, but it sounds like it does, otherwise you should need to run pppoe software and the connection would not be there when you boot Knoppix.
If you are not using a router I strongly suggest that you buy an inexpensive one and use it.
The answer to your question (assuming a router to take care of pppoe for you is somewhere) should be to run netcardconfig and answer the dhcp question that it asks in the affarmative.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks! The netcardconfig command works like a charm.
Similar Threads
-
By daikon in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-20-2010, 02:21 AM
-
By ptdragon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2006, 02:31 AM
-
By sterickson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-05-2006, 09:53 PM
-
By smartin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Atari 800XL Home Computer. S-Video out Tested and Works
$150.00

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD
$49.97