Hi,
I have no problem haveing KNOPPIX recognize and startup my PCMCIA Orinoco WLAN. However, if I pull it out and put it back in, nothing happens. This is very different from another standard debian system where it behaves as it should be, it would be reloaded automatically.
I have to manually do a 'cardctl insert' to tell the system to reload the driver etc. I don't think it has anything to do with what card is in or out. Anyone seen this before ?
This I can only call semi-automatic hot-plug.

Vintage Intel 486 Motherboard Socket3-i486 DX2-66 CPU & Maxed L2 Cache(W24257AK)
$124.99
Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00
Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Vintage 3.5” Floppy Disk Storage Cases With Key 127 Rainbow Colored Disks
$59.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Intel DX4 100MHz 486 Motherboard SBC CPU Board ALi Chipset Retro PC
$119.99
Vintage 1992 Sony Trinitron CPD-1430 Multiscan HG 14” CRT Monitor Powers On READ
$249.99
Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive
$114.88
Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264
$100.00