Just downloaded knoppix 5.0 and have to say what an awsome os.So I decided to go ahead and ditch xp altogheter and install debian 3.1r2. Afer I installed it and it got to the part of booting up it asks for login, I enter the login and then it asks for password, I enter it and nothing happens! I'm new to all this(you can tell I can't even get the os to boot up..lmao).
I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly, I went through all the installation steps from the tutorial, maybe I missed something.1 thing I did notice is when I unplug my modem it says something about link dropped.Did I download the wrong version of this os or what?
pc specs:
dell dimension 2400(all stock)
p4 proccesor
256 mb ram
40 gb hardive
Thx for your help in advance!

Genuine OEM Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable for MacBook Pro Air
$8.99
Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99
Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$20.59
apple oem 20w charger usb-c power adapter
$9.99
OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99
Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$18.00
Genuine OEM Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter A1344 ~ FREE S/H
$12.99
Genuine OEM Apple iPad 10W USB Power Adapter 30 Pin Charger
$12.99
LOT OF 2 OEM APPLE MAGSAFE POWER ADAPTERS - MD A1172 AND MD A1222
$25.00
OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236
$499.99