-
Can not eject CD on shutdown using 2.6.16 kernel
Hi all...need some help/advice...
I built a Knoppix-based (4.0.2) CD that uses the 2.6.16 kernel. After some trial and error, I finally found cloop and unionfs versions that build successfully for this kernel:
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/ma...1+eb.10.tar.gz
ftp://unionfs-mirror.linux-live.org/...03-0408.tar.gz
The CD boots and runs fine. The problem is when I shutdown, I get a bunch of error msgs (No space left on Device) at the point in knoppix-halt where it copies files from /KNOPPIX/dev/ to /dev. The rest of that script consequently fails, the filesystem fails to unmount, and the CDROM does not eject. There's a good chance, the unstable version(s) of cloop/unionfs I used contributed to this problem. But, I still would appreciate a detailed explanation of why this error occurs, since I am still not terribly familiar with the inner workings. Basically, I just need to make sure that I can unmount partitions on other disks, eject the Knoppix CD, and power down. If anyone has successfully built an image using the 2.6.16 kernel, I would appreciate your input on how you did it (which cloop/unionfs you used, etc.). Thanks for any input y'all
Similar Threads
-
By henrique in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 22
Last Post: 10-13-2009, 07:15 AM
-
By probono in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-10-2009, 04:54 PM
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 04:44 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 07:36 AM
-
By Ambrose in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2003, 02:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Intel Core i5-10505 CPU Processor 3.20GHz FCLGA1200 SRH38 Tested Working
$89.99