Hi,
I've added some documentation on http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/doc/
Feel free to tell me what more information/features you need.
This looks pretty cool. I'm looking forward to some documentation/howto's though. I'd be interested to hear feedback from people who have tried this out.
Hi,
I've added some documentation on http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/doc/
Feel free to tell me what more information/features you need.
This works great. If you boot all the PC's in X, it doesn't even matter which one is the master and which one is the slave, they will each migrate processes to each other when applicable.
dolphin,
You absolutely rock! I really look forward to playing around with this. I'm pretty busy right now, but later in the week I hope to have some time to sit down experiment a bit. I must say however that what you have done looks awefully nice.
I assume that it's possible to do a hdinstall of clusterknoppix as well. What a nice way this would be to centralize management and increase performance across my small home network.
Can you put this on e/lMule? I get a "can't connect to server" message...
(was going to ask why you don't also put up a simple bootfloppy, but hehe don't have 2.88MB floppies)
btw, if I see it correctly the OpenMosix patched kernels will exchange processes " no matter what". So now for some thin client clusterKnoppix bootimage? (without the gigantic RAM disk)
I'll look a bit around if there isn't already such a distro around, kernel + X + X configure scripts. Movix seems a good point to start, just need to replace the kernel, isn't it?
OK, clusterKNOPPIX is based on V3.2 20030503. Also, it's still a 690MB ISO. So what apps were deleted from the original KNOPPIX ISO?
Regards,
Not much that I can see. GnomeMeeting is gone (but didn't work for me anyway). There is an updated kernel of course. Probably some other stuff, but it's pretty much the same.Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
I've now downloaded clusterKnoppix, via gFTP (Konqueror didn't work), and the iso MD5 checksum was correct. But when I boot the CD I get a bunch of errors (loop.o not found, etc.). And when setting up the PXE server I get the message that my network card is not configured, no matter what I do next it won't start the server. And the network card indeed doesn't work.
Testcd tells me that there are bad md5 sums, so it's probably the (fresh) 1/2/4x CD-RW medium that gives errors. I've reburned it twice (same CD), and I'm now burning it over my older copy of 'vanilla' Knoppix at 2x, so I hope that (used) CD-RW will work.
Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
- removed auctex emacs21 gettext-el tetex-base tetex-bin tetex-extra
- added blender-2.26-3 , openmosixview,openmosix-tools, openmosix
(info also on the website)
I don't really see a reason to make the CD smaller, the CD can contain 700MB, so why not make fully use of it?
I want it to be as close to a original knoppix as possible, so that you only need 1 CD![]()

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00