Hi all:
When I boot knoppix 5.0.1 up from CD/DVD, it will popup a Konqueror window, and the Konqueror open /cdrom/index.htm.
when I click the [JP] link, it will open the /cdrom/KNOPPIX/index_jp.htm, but the content of this page does not displayed correctly.
The same problem also occurs in other applications such as Samba Network Neighborhood�smbclient�smbtree�Kconsole, if they displaying Chinese/East Asia characters.![]()
The only application I have tried that can display Chinese characters correctly is Firefox, but the title of Firefox window itself does not display chinese character correctly.
This problem does not occur in v4.0.2, so, is the corresponding fonts stripped out from v5.0.1 or some other reason causes this problem ?![]()
I have tried both CD and DVD version ISO, and I got the same result.
I have tried "lang=cn" boot option, and I got the same result too.
I have tried export LANG=en_US.UTF-8 (this is now I'm using), and I got the same result too.
Thanks !
谢谢�

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-14700KF 20-Core 3.4GHz LGA1700 33MB Cache CPU SRN3Y
$310.00
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel Core Ultra 7 265K 3.9GHz LGA 1851 Processor
$249.99
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00